How To Cancel Delta Airlines Flight Ticket And Process of Cancellation
Due to a change in the travel plan, you can easily cancel your booking with Delta airlines. With Delta Airlines, you can process your cancellation, without worrying much about the process and fee involved. If you want to cancel your booking, either you can use the Manage booking option or contact the customer support of the airline. To process your cancellation, you need to follow the important rules and terms of the cancellation policy.
Cancellation Policy of Delta airlines
If you wish to cancel your confirmed Delta airlines booking, browse the official website of the airline. To cancel the booking, you need to follow the important pointers of Delta airlines cancellation policy, as mentioned below:
- For cancellation, you can use the Manage booking option available on the website.
- To facilitate the passengers, the airline has introduced the service 24-hour cancellation. In this, if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking, then you can claim the full refund.
- After 24 hours, if you cancel your booking, you will have to pay a certain amount as the cancellation charges. It is applicable for the non-refundable bookings.
- You will only be able to claim the refund if you have booked the ticket at least 7 days before the departure date of the flight.
- The charges of cancellation are imposed according to the type of ticket purchased and the time left for the departure. The calculations are made according to the fare rules of Delta airlines.
- After claiming the refund, if any amount is still left with the airline, it will get credited to your airline account. It will be kept as e-credit and you can use it for your future travels.
- The e-credit in Delta airlines is valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
- If you want to claim the refund of a refundable ticket, you need to fill out the refund form.
- If you have any purchases, which you have not used, its refund can also be claimed.
- In case your flight gets delayed or cancelled, you can raise a refund request.
How to Cancel a Booking in Delta airlines?
For the cancellation of booking in Delta airlines, you can either contact customer support or use the option of online cancellation. The steps of online cancellation in Delta airlines are as follows:
- Go to the official website of Delta airlines in the web browser.
- When the homepage loads, click the option of Manage my trips.
- There will be a prompt asking you to enter the confirmation number along with the passenger's first and last name.
- When you search with the correct details, the itinerary is retrieved on your screen, and you can change it as per your requirements.
- For cancellation, you can simply click the cancel option and it will ask for confirmation.
- With your confirmation, the ticket is cancelled and you will be notified about the same through email or text message.
These are the simple steps of Delta airlines cancellation process.
For further details on the cancellation or other services of the airline, you can contact the reservations team. The representatives will assist you with all kinds of issues as well as queries related to Delta airlines. You can contact the support team using the contact details provided on the website and avail the services as per your suitable timings, as the support services are available round the clock.